Become a subscriber to Motivation Monday, click here
Motivation Monday: Sweet As Honey
Have you ever bought a jar of honey? Most likely, you'll respond yes. Whether you use it daily or it sits on your shelf for a while, the lid gets stuck. It just happens. Everyone has a different solution to get that jar of honey open. Some people will run the jar under hot water, while others will bang it on the counter - anything to get it to open!
Once you get it open, that honey tastes so good, doesn't it?! You can spread it on some toast with peanut butter, let it drip into your tea or drizzle it over some manchego cheese - yum!
Am I saying you're as sweet as honey and have the yummy factor? You betchya! Everyone has a comfort zone somewhere in their life. For some it's their body, while others experience it in relationships or their career and other areas. That's why it's a great idea to set SMART Goals. Get the growth and results you desire - click here to check out what I've put together for you. You're gonna love it!
Open the jar and begin savoring the sweet aspects of yourself again. Be willing to be a little uncomfortable. Be willing to feel a little awkward. Know that there is a little effort - make it as easy and comfortable as possible.
Here are 5 small steps you can take on a daily basis to be as smooth as honey...........
1. Make a phone call you've been putting off - to make a sale, or mend a disagreement. Either call can be awkward & uncomfortable... once you make one though, the rest will get easier. You've just got to keep going!
2. Practice your 'elevator pitch', video, speech or presentation. Is it uncomfortable at first? YES! Do you feel awkward? YES! Do it anyway.... and get yourself out there. Remember, you've got the yummy factor 🙂
3. Focus on one area of your physicality for a week:
Monday - Mobility: circle to the left - head, hips, wrists, ankles; circle to the right - head, hips, wrists, ankles (Want some pointers, contact me now)
Tuesday - Taste: find a new recipe (healthier than your norm), and find a new, healthy savory
Wednesday - Walk: Guess what? You can start with 5 minutes and work up 🙂
Thursday - Tummy: Send some oxygen into your stomach with some deep breaths & ab work
Friday - Firm: Firm up your upper body with as many push-ups as you can push out (modify your position if you need to - watch here)
Saturday - Stay lined up: use as many muscles as you can recruit (glutes, abs, quads, hamstrings) to stand up from your chair 10x ps.... hold onto something stable if you need to
Sunday - Silence: give yourself some quiet time and reflect on your week. How do you feel about it? What did you like about it? What are you ready to repeat next week?!
4. Learn a new aspect of technology. I know, it can be a bear.... and unbearable. Take a nice deep breath.... and watch a 'how to' video on YouTube or one of your tutorials. Just watch. Once you see someone else model what you want to do, you'll know it's doable, and you'll have some great tips on where to start.
5. Say 'Hello' to a complete stranger. Give yourself a stretch, and extend them a compliment. Whoa! That was easy, wasn't it? Now imagine that person was a potential client, friend or dating interest. Easy, huh?
Get out of the awkward and uncomfortable areas of your life.. contact me now to make all of your connections as sweet as honey!
Visit http://pauladandrea.com/ and http://rockyourlife.tv
Copyright Paula D'Andrea - February 16, 2015. All Rights reserved.